You are living your best life when your mind, body and spirit are balanced and healthy. That's why I take a holistic approach to preventing and reversing disease.
Based on Classical belief, acupuncturists are trained to use subtle diagnostic techniques that have been developed and refined for centuries. The focus is upon the individual, not their illness, all the symptoms are seen in relation to each other and as sign posts to the deeper root of disharmony. Each patient is unique; two people with the same western diagnosis may well receive different acupuncture treatments. Because the root cause maybe very different.
Many people report finding acupuncture to be helpful in treating specific conditions or in helping a sense of well-being. Some people find they can cope with life better.
My goal is to provide alternative medical care that will relieve and prevent disease using the fundamental healing processes I have learnt through years of experience
I care about your overall well being and will provide you with the guidance, knowledge, and tools needed to improve your quality of life. If I feel you could benefit from further professional help I will direct you and help you access that support.
I am also published on the topic of informed consent within medical treatment and have undertaken post graduate studies in this ethical area. It is a topic I take very seriously and I will continuously assess your ability to consent to treatment from myself.
Let me help you achieve optimal wellness in a safe and caring environment!
"Great healers get straight to the point. They waste no time”
Huangdi Neijing Classic of Chinese Medicine – 230 BC
Before training as an Acupuncturist I trained in Psychology and I worked within the NHS as a tutor and support worker teaching recovery skills to those living with enduring mental health difficulties.
I found myself drawn towards Traditional Acupuncture after finding the holistic view of an individual refreshing in comparison to modern medicine systems. It led me to The Acupuncture Academy in Leamington Spa and in 2019 I graduated with a Professional Licentiate in Acupuncture, a degree level qualification. I qualified with Merit and was commended for my clinical skills.
I am a member of the British Acupuncture Council and adhere to the Council’s Codes of Safe Practice and Professional conduct. British Acupuncture Council members are also registered with the Professional Standards Authority which is a government body set up to regulate health and social care providers, and is accountable to parliament.
While I trained in Five Element Acupuncture, which has its grounding in classical acupuncture and is largely based on J. R Worsley's work in the UK since the 1960's, I have since expanded my learning into French Vietnamese Acupuncture.
It uses a more developed understanding of the five elements and classical chinese medicine. Because the French were made aware of Chinese medicine in the 16th century, making them the first country to introduce acupuncture to the west and have progressed and created their own version of acupuncture that is fully integrated in their modern medicine systems.
1. Before you start treatment I will send you an online assessment form, so I get an initial picture of you and what brings you to acupuncture.
2. At your initial treatment, I will go over anything you wish to discuss further.
3. I will do your blood pressure and Oxygen saturation.
4. Every session I will take your pulses and look at your tongue. This is Classical Chinese medicine diagnosis.
5. I will then insert the needles, you will usually feel these inserted briefly, if you are tense or nervous about this I may get you to cough, this works as a good distraction for you. Please be aware the needles are only slightly thicker than a strand of hair, very fine and once in should be mostly painless.
6. There are 365 known acupuncture points all over the body! One for every day of the year. While I'll mainly use your lower arms and legs, I may go anywhere on the body. So please wear loose and easily removable clothing.
7. Needles stay in for 20-30 minutes, before being removed.
8. Hopefully you leave feeling brighter and content.